Can I sue the Army for medical malpractice?

If you have been injured at a military hospital or clinic, you may be able to file an FTCA claim against the U.S. Government. United States law allows victims of army medical malpractice or negligence potential recourse through the Federal Tort Claims Act. The Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) provides an administrative route that must be satisfied before filing a lawsuit. If you or someone you know was injured at a military or army hospital, you should contact a Federal Tort Claims Lawyer right away to learn about what options you may have.

FTCA medical malpractice claims have a different process than normal tort cases. Claimants must first exhaust all administrative remedies before filing a lawsuit. All claimants must first present their claim to the correct agency of the U.S. Government within the statute of limitations.

Archuleta Law Firm has handled thousands of cases in the administrative process and filing lawsuits in federal court. Our medical malpractice lawyers and medical staff are on call to review your case for free.

Archuleta Law Firm has a successful track record of winning military medical malpractice cases against the United States Government. The Archuleta Law Firm has Achieved Three of the Largest Judgments—and Three of the Largest Settlements—in the 70+ year history of the FTCA. See our Case Results page to learn more about the results and success stories we have helped our clients achieve.

Our Clients Are More Than Cases

The Archuleta Law Firm has a 28-year history of helping Veterans, Servicemembers, and their families who have suffered from Army medical malpractice and negligence. We have successfully handled thousands of cases under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) throughout the United States.

If you or someone you know has been the victim of Army medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation. It’s important to understand your legal rights and options. The experienced Army medical malpractice lawyers at Archuleta Law Firm can help.

Why Archuleta Law Firm?

Our Army medical malpractice attorneys have helped thousands of clients get their lives back on track after an injury or loss. We have the resources and experience required to help you pursue the justice and compensation you deserve.  Our medical and legal professionals are on staff to evaluate your claim, free of charge. Our fees are straightforward. There is no fee if no recovery.

Archuleta Law Firm has Achieved Three of the Largest Judgments and Three of the Largest Settlements in the 70+ year history of the FTCA. We focus on clients. We are known for our results. Get the right firm in your corner.

Free Army Case Evaluation

Malpractice Case Evaluation

How do I sue the Army?

The FTCA has a specific, time-limited process that a potential claimant must follow. Failure to comply with the provisions of the FTCA can result in the loss of your right to receive compensation for your injuries.

What is a Standard Form 95?

The Standard Form 95 is used to present claims against the United States under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) for medical malpractice caused by a federal employee’s negligence or wrongful act or omission that occurred within the scope of the employee’s federal employment.

A common situation we face is when veterans or servicemembers complete and file their own Standard Form 95. This often can be a detrimental action for many cases due to errors made on Standard Form 95. We often have to either amend the Standard Form 95 or turn the case down entirely because of error.

Statute of Limitations

The statute of limitations is a law that requires a claimant to file their claim within a certain time frame. The FTCA has a particular statute of limitations that must be complied with to effectively present your military medical malpractice claim to the government. Failure to satisfy the statute of limitations will bar you from recovering compensation for your injuries. Often we have to turn down cases because the veteran or active duty service member has waited too long to file a claim. This is why it is essential to talk to a medical malpractice lawyer right away.

The lawyers at the Archuleta Law Firm have a long history of helping families of Army personnel who have suffered from malpractice and negligence.

On behalf of our clients, the Archuleta Law Firm has won hundreds of cases under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) in all 50 states. Our lawyers maintain a large caseload of Army medical malpractice cases and are ready to review your case for free today.

Achieved Three of the Largest Judgments and Three of the Largest
Settlements in the 70+ year history of the FTCA

Video Transcript

One of the primary misconceptions that we’ve heard clients say many times is that they were told that they couldn’t sue the government or that they could not sue the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Department of Veterans Affairs because they were the federal government and that’s not true in all cases.

Oftentimes, people come to our law firm and think that there’s no possibility of them having a case against the federal government, and we’re able to make a recovery for them.

— Dr. Michael Archuleta